Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My path

It is most certainly crunch time as far as PT applications go, but honestly I'm quite relaxed about it. Maybe too much so. For some reason I have a level of inner peace that I cannot put into words. I simply feel safe, comforted, and confident.

Over the past couple weeks, if nothing else, my confidence has grown. Not only am I falling in love with God, I'm also truly learning to love myself. That certainly sounds basic and it probably is, but I am just now learning to truly take time for myself and focus on who I am and need to be. It feels really good and I like who I feel that I am becoming. From the outside looking in it's probably not any sort of monumental change, but I feel much different. I feel more at peace and ease with myself and who I am. That's a really good feeling!

There is a path that lies ahead and though it is uncertain I feel confident. In an odd way I know exactly where I am going even though I do not have a clue where I'll end up. The path does not frighten me like it usually would because I know I am headed in the right direction no matter what happens. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Sometimes I wish I had something eloquent and meaningful to convey to the world. Unfortunately that is often not the case, but I guess the true reason for this blog of mine is to serve as an outlet for my thoughts.

6 comments:

elaine said...

I feel exactly the same as you do. No worries. Our path is out there, and all we need to do is just do our thing, and we will find it. Good luck to you!!!!! *hugs*

Tamara said...

*hugs* Thank you! Love ya, mean it!

Toya said...

The Lord is taking me through a similar path, falling in love with Him more and more each day. Relishing in this new path. As long as Matt 6:33 is your focus, you will aways be in His arms :-)

Tamara said...

Latoya,
That verse is so true, thank you for sharing. It's a daily battle to do the right thing, to lean on and follow Him through and through. I like a challenge though so it feels quite exhilarating as well.=) Good luck on your path and may He bless you thoroughly!

Anonymous said...

In the Greek tradition, one would go to the Oracle at Delphi to hear the words of the gods and above the entrance to the oracle’s cave read “Know Thyself”. Likewise in Christianity as we come to know ourselves we can better know God our creator. It is a beautiful thing to be able to love yourself. You’re such an amazing person and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I can’t wait to get to know you better and better!

Tamara said...

Neither can I...